The guide to Genuine eScooters error codes. Our comprehensive list covers common issues, troubleshooting tips, and solutions for a seamless riding experience.
1) Visually inspect wiring for damage and also check wire continuity / resistance on a multimeter. Repair short. 2) If no short is found, replace the controller to eliminate the issue.
Dashboard communication failure
1) Check the plug connection between the instrument panel and the wiring harness and harness to the controller. 2) Run a continuity check on the wiring between dash and controller. 3) Unplug dash then shut down and restart the scooter and re-plug in the dashboard. If the error has not disappeared, then the dashboard or controller needs to be replaced.
Motor current sensor error
1) Check the continuity of the phase line between the controller and motor. 2) If the phase line is working properly, then the controller needs to be replaced.
Throttle Hall error
1) Inspect the throttle to ensure it is physically returning to zero point. 2) Inspect the throttle cable and wiring harness for damage and test continuity 3) Unplug the throttle cable and restart the scooter 4) Replace throttle hall sensor if problem cannot be resolved.
Brake Hall error
1) Inspect the brake lever to determine if it returns to zero point. 2) Check the brake line and wiring harness for damage and test continuity 3) Unplug the electronic brake wiring and restart the scooter 4) Replace brake sensor if problem cannot be resolved.
Motor Hall error
1) Inspect connections and wiring. 2) Continuity test the motor hall wiring to confirm 3) If the error occurs when braking, the motor or the controller needs to be replaced.
BMS Communication error
1) Check the display to make sure that is it functioning properly. Replace the display if necessary. 2) If the display is functional, please check the functionality of the controller and replace if necessary.
Battery high voltage
1) Measure the battery voltage to determine if it is normal or if there is a cycling failure. 2) Replace the battery or controller if necessary.
System Overload Error
1) Restart the scooter. If the error code still shows after restart, replace the controller.
Controller high temperature
1) Let the scooter cool. 2) Restart after the vehicle is cooled. 3) If there is a BOOT failure, replace controller.
Low voltage alarm
Insufficient battery power. Charge battery.